Urban Systems Ltd., Kelowna, BC
DATE POSTED: February 15 - March 3, 2017
Process Mechanical Technician
About the Opportunity
Our Kelowna office is in search of a junior Process Mechanical Technician to join our thriving Water and Wastewater Facilities Design and Construction Team. The opportunity will involve providing drafting and design support for the Design and Construction Team. You will primarily work with the Water and Wastewater Facilities Design and Construction team but will also support the broader Design and Construction Group (on linear infrastructure design) as well as the Infrastructure Planning Group as required.
The key responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Preparation of equipment and piping layouts;
• Preparation of process and instrumentation diagrams;
• Drafting detailed drawings based on verbal instruction and/or hand sketches;
• Ensuring quality control and verifying accuracy of your production work;
• Carrying out design tasks using AutoCAD and Civil 3D with the support of senior designers;
• Preparing quantity estimates;
• Communicating with Project Leaders; and
• Promoting and instilling that sense of teamwork amongst members.
You are energetic, enthusiastic and passionate about drafting and design. You are a new or recent graduate of an Engineering Technology Program with up to 1 year of related experience. You are motivated, crave responsibility and want to take charge of your career. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are equally comfortable working as part of a multidisciplinary team or independently. In addition, you possess the following skills, interests and qualifications:
• Familiarity with water and wastewater treatment plants;
• Familiarity with AutoCAD design products;
• Energetic and enthusiastic and able to thrive in a fast paced environment;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
• Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively on diverse, multidisciplinary teams.
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned multidisciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have more than four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including local governments, regional districts and first nation communities. Our team of nearly 400 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all types and sizes.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive at Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
• Challenging and interesting project opportunities;
• A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things;
• The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment;
• Ongoing career development and learning;
• The stability of an employee-owned, “living” company; and
• Meaningful rewards and recognition.
How to Apply
If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please check out our website for more information (www.urbansystems.ca) and submit your resume and covering letter along with a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our site).
Deadline for applications: Friday, March 3rd, 2017