McElhanney Consulting Service Ltd., Surrey, BC
DATE POSTED: March 28 - April 28, 2017
Senior Water Resources Engineer
McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. seeks a Senior Water Resources Engineer to join our busy team in Surrey, BC. Typical projects within the scope of this position would include Watershed Planning and Integrated Stormwater Management Planning studies, Stormwater Infrastructure Designs, Floodplain Analysis & Management, Mine Water Management and River and Bridge Hydraulics.
- Education and background in water resource and hydrotechnical engineering, with minimum 15 years’ progressive experience
- Extensive experience in watershed and drainage studies, drainage infrastructure design and construction, and understanding of stormwater guidelines, policies, and bylaws
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and calculations. Knowledge of standard computer modelling software packages such as PC/XP-SWMM, OTT/SWMM-HYMO, QUALHYMO, MOUSE, HEC-1/2/RAS, Mike-11, and/or similar software. Experience in developing other calculation algorithms such as water balance models and climate change analysis
- Knowledge in other areas such as fluvial geomorphology, sediment transport, hydrogeology, hydro-electric development, water supply and distribution, wastewater collection systems, etc.
- Familiarity with environmental permitting processes and procedures
- Registration (in good standing) as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in British Columbia, or eligibility for registration
- Demonstrated strong oral and written English language communications skills
- Demonstrated project and team management skills with a high degree of leadership capability
- Demonstrated skills in preparing written proposals, reports and public presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills
Benefits of working for McElhanney
- Locally based office with strong community ties and very positive working environment
- We are 100% employee-owned, and this position would be eligible for shareholding
- Full benefits package, competitive salary, annual bonus eligibility and the potential to become an owner of the company
- An assortment of company-sponsored professional development activities
If this is the opportunity for you, visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Established in 1910, McElhanney is a Canadian employee-owned company offering top-quality engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. At McElhanney, you are working within a strong team that is well-established in the local industry. Our employees value working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and great team of professionals.
McElhanney’s Surrey Engineering group is a multi-disciplinary professional office currently involved in many high profile infrastructure projects. We enjoy a high level of job satisfaction due to solid team effort and a positive corporate culture. Located on the 23rd floor of Central City Tower, our modern office space is near the SkyTrain and readily accessible via public transit.