Water Treatment 1
This course provides operators with the basic knowledge of water treatment plant components and treatment methods used with varying degrees of complexity.
You should take this course if you are:
- Wanting to understand more, or entering into a role where you will be dealing with the treatment of water.
- In a role that requires an understanding of how water treatment processes work, or maintaining a facility classified as a water treatment (WT1) facility.
- An operator who wishes to prepare for level 1 EOCP certification, or that wants to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
After completing the Water Treatment 1 class you will be able to:
- Describe procedures associated with monitoring, evaluating and adjusting treatment processes
- Perform basic laboratory analysis procedures
- Describe the drinking water regulations and their impact to water treatment
- Describe the practical aspects of plant operations and perform basic operational and maintenance procedures on equipment
- perform safety, security and administrative procedures
- Certifications and exams are administered by the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) – please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.
- 2.4 core CEUs for small water systems and water treatment (SWS & WT) EOCP certifications.
- Related CEUs for small wastewater systems, wastewater collection, water distribution, and water treatment (SWS, WWC, WD & WT) EOCP certifications.
Upcoming Water Treatment 1 Courses
|January 9 - March 31||Online||Dean Scovill||$699 / $819||Register now|
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible.
- Online, offering students an opportunity to progress through the course at their own pace. The online version covers the same material and is available for a 12 week period.
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$899 member / $1019 non-member|
|Online||$699 member / $819 non-member|
|Custom training||From $550 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:||Complete our registration form and send it back to the BCWWA.|
|Questions?||Please contact the BCWWA office and we will be happy to help.|