The BC Water & Waste Association held its inaugural Tap Water Taste Test in 2014 at its Annual Conference & Trade Show. Similar in many ways to wine tasting, 'aqualiers', or water taste professionals, judge water samples based on appearance, aroma, taste, mouth feel, aftertaste and overall impression.
Every year, the Tap Water Taste Test has attracted drinking water providers from throughout BC and the Yukon. In 2014, the City of Kelowna won top prize, in 2015 it was the City of Chilliwack and in 2016 the District of Hope took the award home.
BC & Yukon drinking water providers, enter the 2017 Tap Water Taste Test
The 4th Annual Tap Water Taste Test will be held once again at the BCWWA Annual Conference. This year, the conference will be held May 28-30 in Victoria, BC. The water taste test judging will occur Tuesday, May 30 at 9:30am. All you need to do is bring three (3), one-litre bottles of drinking water to the conference.
Enter the competition today. There is NO COST to compete.
Contest rules and regulations
- Complete this form by May 5 to confirm your participation.
- Water sample must be collected post treatment and from the tap of an end user.
- Your water sample must be delivered to the Annual Conference in Victoria on Monday May 29.
- Water sample must be in three (3), one-liter GLASS bottles. (Do not use plastic bottles.)
- Winner will be announced at the Conference Awards Lunch on Monday May 30, 11:15am-1:15pm.
- A representative must be present during judging and at the Awards Lunch.
Attending the Conference? Join us on Tuesday May 30, 9:30am to see which municipality will be crowned with the title “Best of the Best” Tap Water.