Wastewater Treatment 2
Wastewater Treatment 2 is an intermediate course that continues the learning for operators on key components in the field of wastewater treatment and broadens an operator's knowledge of system fundamentals.
You should take this course if you are:
- Maintaining a facility classified as Wastewater Treatment 2 (WWT2)
- In a role that requires an in-depth understanding of how wastewater treatment works.
- Whishing to move to an Operator Level II role within your organization.
- An operator who wishes to prepare for EOCP certification
After completing the Wastewater Treatment 2 course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate physical characteristics of a waste stream including colour, flow, odour, temperature, etc.
- Perform related security, safety and administrative procedures involving chemical hazards, personal protective equipment, general health and safety procedures, and emergency preparedness.
- Evaluate and maintain related equipment including preventative and corrective maintenance and equipment evaluation.
- Operate equipment including hydraulics, pumps, valves, etc.
- Understand how domestic water systems impace wastewater treatment.
- Understand the metric system, measurements and solving equations.
- Certifications and exams are administered by the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) – please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.
- 2.4 core CEUs for small wastewater systems and wastewater treatment (SWWS & WWT) EOCP certifications.
- Related CEUs for small water systems, wastewater collection, water distribution, and water treatment (SWS, WWC, WD & WT) EOCP certifications.
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible.
- Online, offering students an opportunity to progress through the course at their own pace. The online version covers the same material and is available for a 12 week period.
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$899 member / $1019 non-member|
|Online||$699 member / $819 non-member|
|Custom training||From $550 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
Upcoming Wastewater Treatment 2 Courses
|By computer:||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:||Complete our registration form and send it to the BCWWA office.|
|Questions?||Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.|