BC Water & Waste Association’s committees aid in achieving our mission and long-term goals. Committee members:
- provide advice regarding BCWWA’s programs and services;
- identify topics, audiences and speakers for educational events;
- prepare articles and other communication materials;
- provide expert recommendations and advice on policy and advocacy; and
- identify issues of concern to the industry.
The chairs of BCWWA’s technical advisory committees, and select program and membership advisory committees, form a part of the Board’s Leadership Council.
The BCWWA also supports communities of practice, which are primarily focused on knowledge-sharing and networking. We launched the community of practice model in 2017 and are open to growing this model. Questions or ideas about communities of practice? Contact us at email@example.com or 604-630-5346.
PROGRAM AND MEMBERSHIP ADVISORY COMMITTEES
- Annual Conference
- Cross Connection Control
- Education Advisory Sub-Committee
- Education Advisory Council
- Young Professionals
- Student Design Competition
The BCWWA also supports two student chapters in BC and works with a BCWWA Awards Judging and Nominations Panel.
TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEES
- Drinking Water
- Infrastructure Management
- Risk and Resilience
- SCADA & IT
- Wastewater & Residuals Management
- Water Sustainability Act
COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE
If you are interested in participating in a Community of Practice or joining one of the Program or Technical Advisory Committees, contact us at 604-630-5346 for more information.