BC Water & Waste Association’s committees aid in achieving our mission and long-term goals. Committee members:
- provide advice regarding BCWWA’s programs and services;
- identify topics, audiences and speakers for educational events;
- prepare articles and other communication materials;
- provide expert recommendations and advice on policy and advocacy; and
- identify issues of concern to the industry.
The chairs of BCWWA’s technical advisory committees, and select program and membership advisory committees, form a part of the Board’s Leadership Council.
The BCWWA also supports communities of practice, which are primarily focused on knowledge-sharing and networking. We launched the community of practice model in 2017 and are open to growing this model in 2019. Questions or ideas about communities of practice? Contact us at email@example.com or 604-630-5346.
PROGRAM AND MEMBERSHIP ADVISORY COMMITTEES
- Annual Conference
- Cross Connection Control
- Education Advisory Sub-Committee
- Education Advisory Council
- Young Professionals
- Student Design Competition
The BCWWA also supports two student chapters in BC and works with a BCWWA Awards Judging and Nominations Panel.
TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEES
- Drinking Water
- Infrastructure Management
- Risk and Resilience
- SCADA & IT
- Wastewater & Residuals Management
- Water Sustainability Act
COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE
If you are interested in participating in a Community of Practice or joining one of the Program or Technical Advisory Committees, contact us at 604-630-5346 for more information.