- Member: $399.00 + GST
- Non-member: $529.00 + GST
Consider purchasing a BCWWA Membership ($109) when registering - you will receive a $130 discount on ALL courses and other select products for 1 year! Click here for Membership information.
Upon registering and providing payment, you will receive a link to our online learning platform within three (3) business days.
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the physical and chemical properties of chlorine and how chlorine works as a disinfectant.
- Understand how to safely handle chlorine and hypochlorite products, as well as maintain chlorine equipment.
- Understand and be able to apply chlorine safety practices, as well as prepare for emergencies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Operate or maintain a facility that uses chlorine gas or hypochlorite solutions for disinfection purposes, and have previously completed chlorine handling training; or
- Require continuing education units (CEUs) to maintain your Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 1.2 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- small water systems (SWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
- water distribution (WD)
- water treatment (WT)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.