- Member: $399.00 + GST
- Non-member: $529.00 + GST
Consider purchasing a BCWWA Membership ($109) when registering - you will receive a $130 discount on ALL courses and other select products for 1 year! Click here for Membership information.
Upon registering and providing payment, you will receive a link to our online learning platform within three (3) business days.
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe why chlorine is crucial to delivering safe drinking water.
- Understand how to the manufacture, use and safely handle hypochlorites.
- Understand major water pathogens and how they infiltrate water sources.
- Understand safe drinking water regulations and how to perform key tests.
- Understand the role of chlorine in the disinfection process, including in reservoirs and mains.
- Understand the equipment used in hypochlorination and best practices for maintenance.
- Perform key calculations related to chlorine dosages.
- Understand the process of dechlorination.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Operate or maintain a facility that uses hypochlorite solutions for disinfection purposes; or
- Require continuing education units (CEUs) to maintain your Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 1.2 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small water systems (SWS)
- water distribution (WD)
- water treatment (WT)
This course provides 1.2 related CEUs for the following EOCP certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.