Become a member to receive discounts on all BCWWA classes and events!
- Member: $529.00 + GST
- Non-member: $649.00 + GST
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the regulations that govern wastewater collection, treatment and discharge, and how to monitor system performance to protect public health and the environment.
- Understand the characteristics of wastewater, and how this impacts collection and treatment systems.
- Understand how wastewater collection systems are designed, built, operated, maintained, and repaired. You will be familiar with the equipment, materials, methods, and safety considerations.
- Understand wastewater treatment methods, including the design, operation and maintenance of septic systems, and mechanical systems including preliminary, primary and secondary treatment.
- Understand and apply safe workplace practices, including confined space entry, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System, and lock out / tag out procedures.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Operate or maintain wastewater systems that serve a population of less than 500; or
- Are preparing to write the Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification exam for small wastewater systems.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 1.2 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small water systems (SWS)
- water distribution (WD)
This course provides 1.2 related CEUs for the following EOCP certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.