Become a member to receive discounts on all BCWWA classes and events!
- Member: $529.00 + GST
- Non-member: $649.00 + GST
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the factors that impact water quality, the legislation that governs water quality and supply, and how to monitor and report on your water system to protect public health.
- Understand common water treatment methods, including filtration, and the safe use of chlorine, ozone and UV for disinfection.
- Understand how water distribution systems function, including the materials and equipment, repair and maintenance procedures and safety.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Operate or maintain water systems that serve a population of less than 500; or
- Are preparing to write the Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification exam for small water systems.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 1.2 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small water systems (SWS)
- water treatment (WT)
This course provides 1.2 related CEUs for the following EOCP certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
- water distribution (WD)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.