Become a member to receive discounts on all BCWWA classes and events!
- Member: $299.00 + GST
- Non-member: $419.00 + GST
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create a source water protection plan.
- Understand how to create a community planning team, build community support, delineate the source protection area, evaluate assessment tools, and develop and implement an action plan, including emergency response planning.
- Understand how to use various assessment tools.
- Identify and assess potential contaminants and risks that can affect source water quality, including pathogens (bacteria, viruses and protozoa), nitrates, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), inorganic chemicals and endocrine disruptors.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Operate, maintain or manage (including trustees, directors and councillors) a water system; or
- Require continuing education units (CEUs) to maintain your Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 0.6 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small water systems (SWS)
- water distribution (WD)
- water treatment (WT)
This course provides 0.6 related CEUs for the following EOCP certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.