Become a member to receive discounts on all BCWWA classes and events!
- Member: $299.00 + GST
- Non-member: $429.00 + GST
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of unidirectional flushing, the role of flushing in maintaining water quality, the equipment used, and alternative methods for flushing.
- Prepare a plan for a unidirectional flushing program that integrates water system maps, financial, staff resource and equipment requirements, scheduling, community notification, evaluation, and computer models.
- Safely implement and troubleshoot unidirectional flushing procedures.
- Calculate water flows and velocities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Are interested in a career as a water operator;
- Operate or maintain a water distribution system; or
- Require continuing education units (CEUs) to maintain your Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 0.6 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small water systems (SWS)
- water distribution (WD)
This course provides 0.6 related CEUs for the following EOCP certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
- water treatment (WT)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.