Become a member to receive discounts on all BCWWA classes and events!
- Member: $699.00 + GST
- Non-member: $819.00 + GST
Upon registering and providing payment, you will receive a link to our online learning platform within three (3) business days.
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand wastewater collection systems and the operation and maintenance of related equipment, including cleaning equipment, inspection equipment, safety equipment, valves, pumps, etc.
- Understand the maintenance and restoration of the wastewater collection system including cleaning, rehabilitating and repairing the collection system.
- Monitor, evaluate and adjust collection systems including an understanding of aeration, cross connections, infiltration, force mains, gravity sewers, lift stations, manholes, etc.
- Understand how to perform certain security, safety and administrative procedures including administering a safety/compliance program, developing operation and maintenance plans, maintaining records, performing workplace safety evaluations, etc.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Require an understanding of how wastewater collection systems work;
- Operate or maintain a facility classified as wastewater collection 1; or
- Are preparing to write the Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification exam for wastewater collection 1.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 2.4 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
This course provides 2.4 related CEUs for the following EOCP certifications:
- small water systems (SWS)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
- water distribution (WD)
- water treatment (WT)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.