- Member: $1,179.00 + GST
- Non-member: $1,309.00 + GST
Consider purchasing a BCWWA Membership ($109) when registering - you will receive a $130 discount on ALL courses and other select products for 1 year! Click here for Membership information.
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe types of wastewater collection systems along with their history and evolution
- Define physical, chemical and bacterial characteristics and identify harmful gases and their associated impacts on collection systems
- Perform advanced practical calculations involving system velocities, flow rates, chemical concentrations and dosages, horsepower and pump efficiencies as well as determining operating costs and budgets
- Outline lift station configurations and detail types of level control systems
- Analyze positive displacement and velocity pump dynamics
- Interpret design drawings and properly construct collection systems
- Perform various maintenance activities
- Practice safe operating procedures in the workplace
- Apply effective leadership skills
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Require an advanced understanding of how wastewater collection systems work;
- Operate or maintain a wastewater collection system classified as level 3 or 4; or
- Are preparing to write the Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification exam for wastewater collection level 3 or 4.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 3.0 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- This course provides related CEUs for the following EOCP certifications:
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
- small water systems (SWS)
- water distribution (WD)
- water treatment (WT)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.