Become a member to receive discounts on all BCWWA classes and events!
- Member: $699.00 + GST
- Non-member: $819.00 + GST
Upon registering and providing payment, you will receive a link to our online learning platform within three (3) business days.
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate physical characteristics of a waste stream including colour, flow, odour, temperature, etc.
- Perform related security, safety and administrative procedures involving chemical hazards, personal protective equipment, general health and safety procedures, and emergency preparedness.
- Evaluate and maintain related equipment including preventative and corrective maintenance and equipment evaluation.
- Operate equipment including hydraulics, pumps, valves, etc.
- Understand how domestic water systems impact wastewater treatment.
- Understand the metric system, measurements and solving equations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Require an understanding of how wastewater treatment systems work;
- Operate or maintain a facility classified as wastewater treatment 1; or
- Are preparing to write the Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification exam for wastewater treatment 1.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 2.4 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
This course provides 2.4 related CEUs for the following EOCP certifications:
- small water systems (SWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- water distribution (WD)
- water treatment (WT)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.