Before you register, make sure to purchase a BCWWA Membership first ($109) - you will then receive a $120 discount on ALL courses and other select products for 1 year! Click here for Membership information.
- Member: $529.00 + GST
- Non-member: $649.00 + GST
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how sampling is used to monitor for compliance with regulations for drinking water and wastewater effluent.
- Understand common sampling methods and procedures including grab samples, composite samples, and automatic sampler tools, and how to determine which procedure is appropriate based on the circumstance including routine bacteriological sampling, full chemical analysis, sampling for THMs, influent sampling, primary clarifier sampling, mixed liquor sampling, and monitoring well sampling.
- Calculate the area, volume, and time required to flush tanks and pipes.
- Understand the equipment and materials used for sampling, and their related safety risks.
- Apply concepts of a sampling plan, including chain of custody.
- Apply quality management methods for quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Operate or maintain a water treatment, water distribution or wastewater treatment system;
- Are responsible for water or effluent quality;
- Are interested in pursuing a laboratory testing role in the future; or
- Require continuing education units (CEUs) to maintain your Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 1.2 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- small water systems (SWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
- water distribution (WD)
- water treatment (WT)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.